Klean Electrolytes™ by Klean Athlete® is a NSF Certified for Sport® supplement providing specific nutrients in capsule form to help replenish electrolytes and retain hydration during or after exercise
- Product Subtitle:
- Klean Electrolytes™ by Klean Athlete® is a NSF Certified for Sport® supplement providing specific nutrients in capsule form to help replenish electrolytes and retain hydration during or after exercise
- Card Subtitle:
- NSF Certified for Sport® supplement providing specific nutrients in capsule form to help replenish electrolytes and retain hydration during or after exercise
- Klean Athlete
Klean Electrolytes™ supplies sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium and magnesium to help replenish electrolytes and retain hydration. Electrolytes are important for many reasons and help to maintain a normal balance of fluids within the body.† They assist is maintaining a balance, of pressure between the inside and outside of cells and help to support the systems that regulate blood pressure.† Hydration and electrolyte balance are also critical to nerve and muscle function. For example, muscle contraction is dependent upon the presence of calcium, sodium, and potassium. Electrolytes lost during exercise, particularly workouts that are long lasting or strenuous, can lead to fatigue, . Athletes exercising in extreme heat or humidity, or for three hours or longer dehydr ation, and muscle cramps continuously, risk dehydration.
Sweat rates can range from 0.3 to 2.4L per hour (roughly a half pound to 5 pounds per hour). To determine your sweat ra te, weigh yourself before and after running; each pound lost equates to ~2 cups of fluid. Although individual concentrations will vary widely, one pound of sweat contains approximately 80 - 100mg of potassium and 400 - 700mg of sodium.
As a dietary supplement, take one capsule prior to, during, and after workouts or as directed.
The following are merely guidelines and one should consult with a coach, trainer or health professional for individualized dosing:
- Weight <135 lbs: 1 capsule per hour during activity, 1 capsule after activity
- Weight 135-200 lbs: 1 capsule prior to activity, 1-2 capsules per hour of activity,1-2 capsules after activity
- Weight >200 lbs: 1 capsule prior to activity, 2-3 capsules per hour of activity, 2-3 capsules after activity
Keep out of reach of children.
CAUTION: Excess consumption of electrolytes may cause muscle cramping or diarrhea.
STORAGE: For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place. (59 ?-77 ?F/15 ?-25 ?C) (35-65% relative humidity) Tamper resistant package, do not use if outer seal is missing.
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Servings Per Container: 120
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||7 mg||350%|
|Calcium (as Calcium Chelate)||25 mg||3%|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Chelate)||25 mg||6%|
|Sodium (as Sodium Chloride)||40 mg||2%|
|Potassium (as Potassium Chelate)||25 mg||<2%|
|Chloride (as Sodium Chloride)||60 mg||**|
** Daily Value not established.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule), cellulose, vegetable stearate, and silica.
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Yeast, gluten, soy protein, milk/dairy, corn, sugar, starch, artificial coloring, preservatives, or flavoring.