Vitamin B12 lozenges are a great tasting, high dose vitamin B12 product. Each berry flavored lozenge contains 5000 mcg methylcobalamin, a naturally occurring, highly bioavailable form of vitamin B12. They are designed to deliver B12 through the mu
- Product Subtitle:
- Vitamin B12 lozenges are a great tasting, high dose vitamin B12 product. Each berry flavored lozenge contains 5000 mcg methylcobalamin, a naturally occurring, highly bioavailable form of vitamin B12. They are designed to deliver B12 through the mu
- Card Subtitle:
- A great tasting, high dose vitamin B12 product
The methylcobalamin form of B12 converts to the metabolic intermediate cobalamin, which is converted to the two intracellular active forms of B12: methylcobalamin (for methylation cycles) and adenosylcobalamin (for mitochondrial metabolism of various energy sources: amino acids, odd chain fatty acids and cholesterol).
Methylation reactions are critical biochemical processes that assure proper cell differentiation and replication, the proper production of brain chemicals (neurotransmitters), methylation of DNA (epigenetic control of genetic expression), and methylation of certain hormones and neurotransmitters for their proper inactivation.
It is important to note that the methyl group contained in this dietary form is not utilized in methylation reactions. The sources of intracellular methyl groups are: methylfolate, SAMe, betaine, choline and methionine.
These lozenges provide 5000 mcg of B12, which is a dose a high enough to push absorption by mass action through the cellular diffusion pathway, typically estimated at 1%. They are an ideal way to help increase levels of B12 quickly, when higher doses of this vitamin are desired.
In cases where there are suspected genetic polymorphisms of B12 absorption and metabolism pathways, Designs for Health offers Trifolamin™ lozenges, which provides three forms of bioavailable B12 and additional methylfolate.
B12 Lozenges provide nutritional support for:
- Cardiovascular health
- Elevated homocysteine levels
- Compromised digestive system/malabsorption issues
- Generic anemia or pernicious anemia (autoimmune disorder)
- Brain and nervous system impairments, including increased need for myelin repair
- Sleep-wake disorders
- Daytime alertness in the elderly and people who work night shifts
- Those who need to increase B12 levels quickly
- Any conditions where the need for epithelial healing, low platelet count
- Low white cell count, poor immunity
- B12 deficiency that needs to be corrected rapidly during pregnancy or lactation
As a dietary supplement, dissolve one lozenge slowly in mouth per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Keep your licensed healthcare practitioner informed when using this product. Consult your healthcare practitioner if pregnant or nursing.
Store at room temperature. Keep out of reach of children.
Serving Size: 1 Lozenge
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||5000 mcg||83330%|
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Mannitol, modified cellulose, natural berry flavor, vegetable stearate, citric acid, and luo han guo.
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Gluten.